Thursday, September 21, 2006

Rough Couple Weeks

Life has been okay, it's just been a rough couple of weeks. Bob, my grandmother's husband, passed away of lung cancer Sept. 9th. He was diagnosed Aug. 1 - just five weeks. It was quick. I flew home for the funeral a couple hours after they called me, and got back to New Haven after midnight a few days later...since then it's been the catch up game. Other than that...

-First small group at CPC tonight. I'm very excited.
-My roommates are great. Cooking together and playing games together is a lot of fun...and even talking about papers is better with them around. ;D
-I'm working on getting the hang of this paper-reading thing. I'll get there. Eventually.

Homesickness comes and goes. There are moments when I want to be back in Raleigh so bad that I could just sit and sob for a while, and there are moments that this place is really starting to feel like home. Transitions are hard, but in the end, I think they're worth it.

No comments: